Pages

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Hiatus?

Holy crap, I haven't updated since the end of June!

I haven't been as gung-ho about the Bricklin project as I should be.  I could lay down the reasons, some of which are my own and others are on my partner in this project.  I'm not harboring resentment, but I don't feel his work ethic is quite up to snuff.

I had a talk about this the other day with a good friend of mine.  Seems I'm angrier about this than I'm letting on.  I was quite angry.  Sean is good at what he does but is also ridiculously unreliable.

Besides the cool Nexus gauges and body panels, every big purchase has been made for the car.  It's only a matter of getting off our butts and doing the work.  The problem is, my helper has become a bit flakey of late, so I'm considering alternative methods of getting this project finished.

I'm having talks with a local interior shop about helping out with the process.  It seems easier to pay a bit more money up front and actually get the ball rolling.

Other than my problems, the Bricklin is coming along nicely when it gets worked on.  We have the back interior panel and rear side panels completed and they actually look good.  All that's left for the hatch area is the rear center console, and then we can work our way to the front (thankfully, not much work is needed on the dash!).   Nearly the entire air system is ready to go.

And to think, I originally wanted to be done in August...

No comments:

Post a Comment