Pages

Monday, March 29, 2010

Shaving the Mammoth

The Bricklin teardown is nearing completion.  The interior is completed, and the only thing remaining in the car is the dash.  All that's left to do is shave the mammoth.  No, it's not some innuendo.

After the carpet and soundproofing material was removed, the adhesive left some residue on the floarboards.  It can best be described as having the same texture of a wooly mammoth.  It is nasty.  To get it off, I have to take a putty knife and literally scrape down to the fiberglass.  Thus is born the phrase "Shaving the Mammoth."  The hatch and driver floorpan is mostly done; I'll go out later today and scrape the passenger area and do a quick once over to get anything I missed.

With that finished, we can begin reassembly.  My partner in crime, Sean, and I have already come up with some sweet ideas of where we want this project to go.  It's going to be sweet when it's done, but right now it's far from.

No comments:

Post a Comment