Pages

Sunday, April 25, 2010

2010 XXX All Italian Car Show

Earlier today I went to the XXX All Italian Car Show.  Since I attended last year, I knew what was in store for the day.  Generally, people who take enough time to engage me in conversation about the Allante are either:

1)  Genuinely interested in the car.
2)  Wanting to know why the hell a Cadillac is at an Italian car show.

This year, however, I made sure to type out a few paragraphs and specifically include the fact that the body was assembled in Italy.  Occassionally I would still overhear a remark regarding the car's eligibility.  I guess you can't win everyone over.

The show was uneventful, but fun.  There were plenty of Fiats, Alfa Romeos, and Ferraris in attendance, along with a handful of DeTomaso Panteras, Maseratis, and various Lamborghinis.  Sir Mix-a-Lot (of 'Baby Got Back' fame) even made an appearance.  Just like last year, the Allante was lumped into the "Other" category, along with two Bertone X1/9s, a 1985 Pininfarina Spyder (last year's class winner), a 1972 Citroen-Maserati SM, and a Seat 600D (which won the class and also was Best of Show).

Pictures:

Lamborghini Countach
Lamborghini Countach side view
Lamborghini Murcielago owned by Sir Mix-a-Lot
A few Alfa Romeos
Red Alfa Romeo Spyder
Alfa Romeo 8C (left) and a much older Alfa Romeo Giulietta.
Two red Fiat Spyders
Ferrari Testarossa
Just a shot to show the scope of the event.

I took 130 pictures at the show, these are just the best of the bunch.  I'm now tired and sunburnt; enjoy the pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment