Pages

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

My Parts Arrived!!!

Just went to get the mail and there's a package by the door.  Smaller than I was expected.

I opened it up like a child on Christmas!

Two new stainless steel cyliders
New weatherstripping for the doors and rear quarter windows
New air latch system for the doors
New air headlight system and adapter

And (hopefully) enough pneumatic wire to hook it all up.

In addition, the hatch is no reattached and we are playing with its fit, as well as hooking up some air cyliders to open and close it automatically.  Again, I think I have to be the voice of reason; the current air cylinders aren't strong enough to lift the hatch if they are mounted near the rear.  They will lift the hatch perfectly fine mounted perpendicular, though.  I really don't want to shell out a few more hundred dollars for stronger air cyliders.

Sean is all for new cylinders.  It must be easy working with other people's money.

No comments:

Post a Comment